I used a small acorn squash to make this sauce! You could definitely use butternut squash or any other type of fall squash. Just use 1/2 of it if its large!
The nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavor and thickens the sauce. I loveeee nutritional yeast. I sprinkle it on everything from salads to fried eggs!
You can use whatever pasta and protein that you want to. I paired my sauce with some Banza noodles and Chicken Apple Sausage! The combo was fabulous and made for such a cozy fall meal.
Rosemary Squash Pasta Sauce
- Food Processor
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk or Water (or regular milk)
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary Leaves
- Cut acorn squash in half then spray it with olive oil spray and dust salt/pepper.
- Place squash halves open side up in your air fryer.
- Air fry for 25 mins at 300F. (Or broil in oven)
- Let squash cool then spoon out the flesh into your food processor.
- Add all ingredients to the food processor along with the squash.
- Process until well combined. If you want a thinner sauce, add more milk/water!