Figs are by far my favorite fruit. Whenever I get lucky and find them in the grocery store I *quite literally* do a happy dance in the middle of the produce section. The black mission figs are my favorite!! They are so soft and sweet and DELICIOUS! Truly one of gods greatest gifts to us humans.
Along with figs, I also love chocolate. And scones. So why not combine all of them into one fabulous treat?! These babies go perfect with your morning coffee, afternoon tea, or whatever else you can think of!!
They are also crazy easy to make. And so healthy you have no excuse why you aren’t making these later today.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Grain Free
Dark Chocolate Fig Scones
- 5 Fresh Figs (aka gods gift to mankind and my favorite fruit)
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Dark Chocolate (a handful of chips or 1/2 a bar)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in two separate bowls.
- Combine the two bowls.
- Work into a dough with your hands (will be a thick dough).
- Form a big round flat disk shape on a parchment lined baking sheet (roughly 8 inches in diameter).
- Add sliced figs on top.
- Cut into 8 pieces like a pizza.
- Separate the triangles on the pan.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- While baking, melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the scones!