If you like chocolate and coconut, you will LOVE these cookies! They taste like an Almond Joy but they are healthy enough to eat for breakfast!
PALEO | GLUTEN FREE | ADDED SUGAR FREE | KETO
I used two packets of Performance Nut Butter in their new flavor – Cacao.
I love this stuff and highly recommend trying it out! But if you don’t have any on hand… you can still make this recipe! Just substitute any nut butter or coconut butter of choice.
Pro Tip – If you top your cookies with shredded coconut before baking, the coconut gets toasted while in the oven. YUM!
Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- 1/4 cup Melted Chocolate (I used Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips)
- 3 tbsp Honey (can sub maple syrup)
- 2 packets Performance Nut Butter – Cacao (can sub 1/4 cup of any nut butter)
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp Shredded Coconut (unsweetened)
- Melt the chocolate chips in a mixing bowl. Takes about 30-45 seconds in the microwave.
- Stir in honey, nut butter, and egg.
- Stir in almond flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, then shredded coconut.
- Put dough in the fridge for about 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and use a cookie scoop to form 8-9 cookies.
- Flatten cookies with your fingers and sprinkle a few coconut flakes on top.
- Bake for 9 mins.
- Let cool then ENJOY!